Applicants to the School of Practical Nursing are responsible for providing a complete application for consideration by the admissions committee; a complete application requires the following:
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older;
- Applicant must be a United States citizen, Permanent Resident, or eligible non-citizen;
- Applicant must have official High School Transcript or General Education Development (GED) Transcript in a sealed envelope mailed directly from the accrediting institution to the Practical Nursing Admission Office;
- Applicant will request that official documents are sent to:
NewCourtland Education Center
School of Practical Nursing
6950 Germantown Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19119
- Applicant must provide evidence of successful completion of all Practical Nursing Program pre-requisites:
- Successful completion of Community College of Philadelphia Math 118 - Intermediate Algebra coursework or the equivalent course with a final grade of C or better.
- Community College of Philadelphia placement at English 101 ready or through equivalent college placement exam or coursework.
- Opportunity to demonstrate proficiency through Math and English placement exams.
- Prerequisite coursework (with a grade of C or better) (Community College of Philadelphia BIOL 106 or high school chemistry and biology within the last 10 years) as identified in the Community College of Philadelphia course catalog for Anatomy and Physiology I (BIOL 109).
- Application form, fee ($65 - non-refundable), criminal background check fee ($10) and two (2) letters of recommendation,
- Official transcripts for other colleges/post-secondary education;
- Foreign education transcripts must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES) http://www.wes.org, and a "credential evaluation and authentication report" must be received in a sealed envelope mailed directly from WES to the Practical Nursing Admission Office;
- Evidence of passing score on the ATI TEAS. Results received through other institutions will not be accepted;
- Request form (if applicable) for advanced standing for General Education Courses;
- Request form (if applicable) for advanced standing for Nursing Credit.
In addition applicants seeking Pathway Track:
Once an online application has been submitted, the applicant should contact the Manager of Enrollment and Career Services at 215-951-4282 to schedule an appointment for the ATI entrance Exam.